Thursday, March 29, 2012

Mesa Verde or Not?

I just found out my boy's second degree black belt test is scheduled for the same weekend as Mesa Verde. Uuuugh! What should I do?

Here's the conversation I had with him while I was driving him to practice. I had already thought it wouldn't be fair asking him, but I wanted to see what he would say.

I said, "So Jonny, I just found out your black belt test is scheduled the same weekend as my Mesa Verde bike race" And I thought: Which I've been wanting to do for several years and this is the first time I am able to do it.

I said guiltily, "So I was wondering do you need me there for your test?"

He said, "Need? No...."   He probably thought: Here we go again, he is going to bail on this great lifetime accomplishment of mine for a stupid race he wont even come close to winning.

I thought: Ouch! He is trying to sound tough to show me he doesn't NEED me there but probably wants me to be there.

I think: Even asking this next question is wrong.
But the weak me persists, "Do you think I should go to the race or stay for your test?"

He says, "You should go to your race"

I nearly cried.

No comments:

Post a Comment