Saturday, June 25, 2011

This blog post is dedicated to Dot

The family- with wife- the medal around her neck is an Awesome Wife Award :)
Today on the way to the race Dot said, "by the way I do read your blog." Huh? I wondered. Initially, She was too busy and the Arantix thing was too frivolous so I am sure she didn't. But I wondered if she peaked every once in a while. Well I guess that's OK. Right? Everyone else does- I use the term 'everyone' loosely since it is more the 'one' than the 'every'.  It's just that at first I could pretty much assume she didn't and I didn't have to include her in it as much- plus I assumed she didn't mind the anonymity.

So today on my third lap I had run out of water, I was all alone, I was in survival mode and I hit this great curvy sage brush section that really got me into a zone and I thought about her and our conversation. I had the great idea to dedicate today's blog to her! PLUS she and the boys came along to the race- rare- AND she hung out along the course to take pictures of me- rarer! Don't get me wrong she is an awesome wife and mom but she doesn't get into the pandering the husband thing. I'm Not complaining........much.
Boys at the start

So I asked her what she thought about the blog. She said it sometimes seems that I am obsessive about the boys. Well; I guess I am in a way. I have the luxury of working evenings and nights so I have the luxury of being with them a BUNCH relative to most dads. I guess in many ways I fit the Mr. Mom bill. And when moms are with their kids most of the day they are the focus in life. Plus I really enjoy doing stuff with them and for them. Like Karate, making them a Volleyball court, a bike track, bike trips, camping trips etc. etc...... OK. Maybe I am obsessed with them. But I am a parent for pete's sake. Luckily, I don't thing that equates to spoiling them. Most anyone will know I am strict with them and make them do chores, and keep them on a short leash with attitude problems -(e.g. I made them pull weeds for an hour today and pick peas yesterday!)  I guess in the end, I may be guilty as charged- but I like it :)

I also heard from the wife that she is not mentioned much in my posts (except on occasional- "the wife" notation in parenthesis. Well I thought she wasn't reading them so why bother! - not really. Again, I thought she enjoyed the anonymity. and realistically the activities I do with the boys are generally when she is at work. Oh and admittedly just from the egocentric nature of blogging bloggers its all about ME, ME, ME! Should she start one of her own? His and Her blogs? Interesting.

Joey crossing the finish line with Mom chasing him
Either way, from now on I vow to TRY to make my posts more WC (wifely correct). I love you dear! :)

By the way, the race was way fun, the course was great and I generally felt strong. Just not strong enough. I initially finished 3rd but someone wrote in a name ahead of mine so it was really 4th- I guess. Bob puts on a great show.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, Jays number did not get into our system, but he was a bit ahead of you.

    Thanks for coming out!! And just to be clear, Ty, Drew, Shannon and Bob's show :)

    ReplyDelete